A Year of Self/World/Life Discovery

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In Land of Oz

Stepping foot into my first westernized country in months was a sigh of relief and comfort I haven't experienced in a while...that was until I was stopped, yet again, by airport security for an hour. Word to the wise - ALWAYS look presentable when flying as they totally discriminate us bum travelers. Like we'd ever traffic? We've all seen "Locked Up Abroad" way too many times for that.

Back to my home down unda'. I flew into Gold Coast to meet up with my buddy Will I met in Japan to attend Big Day Out music festival. It was nuts and had to say my favorite performance was LCD Soundsystem especially after I heard he's going to quit touring soon?! I stayed in Queensland through Australia Day where I partook in the Aussie tradition of "getting massively pissed with my mates"- it was definitely reminiscent of my usual 4th of July debauchery.

All in all it was a great start to what has been a fantastic time in Straya'...

I was Aboriginal in my past life...



No comments:

Post a Comment