A Year of Self/World/Life Discovery

Thursday, August 19, 2010

De nouveaux amis

My "vacation from my vacation" in Cannes turned out to be my greatest experience yet. Whilst strolling the streets with the Swedes in search of a good time we approached some one who seemed local and asked for direction in our quest for fun...

Mathieu led me to what became my Cannes beach club stomping ground and introduced us to his group of friends. After spending the following days, nights, and oh so early mornings with my new comrades I realized how the mix of travel and European culture enabled me to feel welcome with a new group of people I felt I had known forever.

It bewildered me that complete strangers can so randomly cross paths and open up their doors to new experiences (literally because I crashed at their place a couple nights after two "missed" flights!). Escapades aside, was the organic nature of a somewhat language/cultural obstacle with those who had a genuine interest in expanding their world. Some spoke perfect English, others less avid, however not once did I feel excluded. Their desire for life experience enabled them to open a whole new part of the world for themselves also. Watch out LA, Parisian invasion 2011! A bientôt!



Morning of my flight. Send off on the beach.

1 comment: