A Year of Self/World/Life Discovery

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brussels & Antwerp

Brussels...not much to comment on this awkward town. It seems to be in quite the transition period as it makes improvements to the city that seemed to be stuck in WWII. Small in size, some parts filled with broken down buildings, graffiti, others with beautiful architecture and shopping areas. I do remember fine tasting beer!

Tip: Never fill out your EuRail pass without someone experienced or else you wind up being kicked off the train in the middle of your journey!

In spite of my abrupt interruption, I was pleasantly surprised to see I stepped off in Antwerp. The city is as beautiful as the people, and I enjoyed some good conversations with locals. Not overrun by tourists as most cities around Europe come summertime, it was nice to stroll the streets and see the many bicycling couples enjoying their day outside. Quite refreshing for a EuRail bandit!


My Belgian Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment