A Year of Self/World/Life Discovery

Friday, September 3, 2010

St. Petersburg

I have yet to adjust to Eastern European culture....Though I need to be culturally relative and disregard my American expectations/societal standards my perception of this place is still masked by the luxuries and social learning I have grown so accustomed to.

From the language barriers and lack of patience to assist a desperate traveler, to the anger and frustration that engulfs Russians when asked to do their job, I find myself growing resentment to this part of the world.  The history surrounding this country is astounding, but I feel hated because of my citizenship. Do we as Americans have such high expectations for service, cleanliness, and assistance that we are constantly let down?!

No comments:

Post a Comment